Those long summer days really keep us moving. We’ve been so busy, we haven’t blogged since July. Now, tis Thanksgiving Eve, we’ve just received a very special delivery: a gorgeous box of oyster mushrooms, freshly foraged by our favorite forest food sleuth, Michael from Indian Ridge Farm, and we really want to share the joy of this special delivery with you. We want to tell you about Michael, and Ed Taylor, the biodynamic farmer who owns the farm where Michael works and forages. We want to share something of the treasures from the woods that are going on to the menu tonight, and this weekend.
We also want to say Happy Thanksgiving. We are thankful for Ed, and Michael and all of our farmer friends.
|Michael with his latest find.|
Here is a list of a few of the things we’re thankful for from the past three months:
• Best table display at the Attack of the Killer Tomato Festival to benefit Georgia Organics.
• Lovely new tableware for Chef to plate on and play with.
• Recognition from Travel & Leisure Magazine for the Best Fried Chicken in the Country.
• Our amazing Executive Sous Chef, Jason Paolini
|Chef Jason schooling the staff Holeman & Finch line-up.|
• Our inaugural Eugene Author Dinner, with the delightful Susan Rebecca White.
• Recognition from Creative Loafing for our vegetable plate. You must try this dish!
• Our friends at Pollen.
• The Southern Foodways Alliance and its brilliant programming.
• Kat Kinsman’s Eatocracy. Thanks, Kat. That was great fun!
• Mark Kurlansky, and everything he’s written on food, history and humanity.
• Feeding our guests and even sometimes our heroes. What an honor to serve you all, especially you, Mr. Ali.
Thanks Y’all. Look for more good things here soon.